Happy New Year! I love starting a new chapter in life. I read a quote today in my email that I love:
"Today is the first blank page of a 366 page book. Write a good one"
It reminded me to write a blog post and it made me think how an entire year is a book of your life. Looking back, 2015 was a great year. I think that's what I'm most grateful for - each year keeps getting better. I don't know, maybe there will be years that don't get better or are harder, but overall - I feel that each year is more enriching and full of amazing life lessons.
Here are some of the highlights from 2015, in no particular order:
1. I worked as an actor every month, all year, enough to support myself.
2. I had a good amount of repeat clients from jobs I'd been doing - AOL, Speakaboos, Water Coolers, and a couple of industrial clients.
3. I turned down work pretty frequently from being booked already
4. I organized most of my apartment and home office using Alejandra.tv's program and videos
5. My biggest network tv role to date aired - Blue Bloods on CBS
6. I joined SAG AFTRA and found that I had almost the entire amount of my joining fee sitting in a residuals trust.
7. I have some of the greatest girlfriends and a woman could ask for.
8. I've maintained some of my oldest and dearest friendships from my childhood
9. I completely organized my parents home office, and updated/cleaned and organized most of their 7000 sq foot house
10. My marriage keeps getting better, and we keep enjoying each other.
11. I have an incredible accountability partner who is a friend/collaborator and a great person
12. I had some really incredible auditions for amazing plays, playwrights, roles, tv shows, pilots and films - I continue to be impressed for how creatively people think of what I can tackle or possibly perform.
13. I continue to enjoy good, strong relationships with my family - who I adore and love so very much.
14. I began working with a health coach who taught me so much about how to be healthy, maintain my health and keep my body strong.
15. I am a better, more conscientious actor than I have ever been before.
I'm sure there are things I'm missing - but this is the bulk of it, I think. It's been a great year, but I'm excited to move on to see what 2016 brings.